The following suuktas and texts have Vedic accent marks or svaras
Please download and install the latest font sets from this site.
Texts related to Vedic svaras/accents and comments on them (svaramaJNjarii, vaidikasvarapaddhati, pratishAkhya-s, vedic anusvAra etc.) are given in the learning tools section.
If you are interested in encoding additional sUktas with Vedic accents,
from Rigveda and Atharvaveda, please send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- उदकशान्ति - udakashAnti (needs proofreading) ( audio and text, alternative text)
- गणपत्यथर्वशीर्षोपनिषद् एवम् गणपति अथर्वशीर्ष - gaNapatyatharvashIrShopaniShad evam gaNapati atharvashIrSha(also without accents, meaning, sabhAShya)
- चमकप्रश्न - chamakaprashna( Meaning 1 ,
3 completevidhi pradosham, Roman, Skt Dvng, )( (without accents))
- तैत्तिरीयारण्यक - taittirIyAraNyaka
- तैत्तिरीय संहिता १.१ - taittirIya saMhitA 1.1
- दुर्गासूक्त - durgAsUkta (with Vedic Accent)
- ध्रुवसूक्तम् - dhruvasUktam (with Vedic Accent)(Audio 1, 2)
- नक्षत्रसूक्त - nakShatrasUkta
- नवग्रहसूक्त - navagrahasUkta
- नारायणसूक्त - nArAyaNasUkta
- पवमानसूक्त - pavamAnasUkta
- भूसूक्त - bhUsUkta
- मन्त्रपुष्प - mantrapuShpa ( meaning)
- मेधासूक्त - medhAsUkta (Yajurveda 7.4.1, 10:41,42,43,10:44)
- रुद्रप्रश्न - rudraprashna (Also rudram (praise) namakam and chamakam or rudrAdhyAya)( Meaning 1,
completevidhi, Roman, Skt Dvng,
Malayalam)( (without accents))
- श्रीरुद्रनाम त्रिशति - shrIrudranAma trishati (with Vedic Accent)
- विष्णुसूक्त - viShNusUkta
- वेदस्तुति श्रीमद् भागवत पुराणे - vedastuti shrImad bhAgavata purANe
- Vaidika vyakhyana mala (Volume 1) - Satwalekar, Shripad Damoda, four parts
- Unicode Standard 4.0 (2003) does not support accented
Only two Vedic accents were defined by the Unicode consortium, whereas
Vedic accents/characters/svaras would be required for encoding the various
Vedic texts. See Vedic Code Set (vedic.pdf) in http://tdilMit.gov.in/pchangeuni.htmand 29 Samaveda accents listed in http://www.sanskritweb.de/sans99sv.pdf.
The set of Vedic Svara codes for copmuter implementation are grouped in
A tabulated list of various Vedic Accents, vaidik svara chinha compilation
compiled from unicode.org and CDAC. (It is compiled in devanagari by Jitender Bansal. )
- Vedic Archives at https://sites.google.com/site/gurukulam4vedas/home Gurukulam at Dombivali. This has well prepared PDF files of
- Ashirvada and Prayer Mantras in chronological order 832k
- Book1-UdaShanti and ShantiJapa 756k
- Book2-Mahanyasam and Rudrakramam 758k
- Book3-Aaranyam,Upanishad and Ghanam 1609k
- Book4-Achidram and Ashwamedham 5110k
- Book5-Sotrams 1791k
- Complete Devi Bhagvatam in English 2280k
- Pradosha Pooja Vidhi in Tamil 10121k
- Pradosha Pooja Vidhi in Sanskrit 4387k
- Ganam Sanskrit Version 278k
There are also audio clips of some sUktas.
A list of Veda Pathashala, a traditional Vedic schools, is provided in vedapathashala.
jaTA maNiH savyAkhyA jaTAmaNirnAma lakShaNaM, Jatamani is a lakShaNa grantha of the Taittiriya Shakha of Krishna Yajurveda. (Needs proofreading and corrections.) Read an overview of the text.
Videos related to Vedic studies
- A set of videos on Scientific Verification of Vedic Knowledge in Hinduism, parts 1, 2, 3 OR full OR full-google.
- Vedic Science.
- A set of videos on Vedic History, parts 1, 2, 3.
- Everything You Think You Know Is Wrong.
- Hymns From the Vedas:
Song of Creation, prepared by Gene Massey. Chanting of selected Vedic Richas is by Brahmshri Narendra Kapre.
- Kaleidoscope: Veda classes! in Malyalam.
- Kerala Vedic Traditions Revisited - Parts 1, 2, 3, in Malyalam.
- The Tradition of Vedic Chanting.
- Vedic learning, Thrissur, Kerala
- Eternal Vedas, collection of video clips.
- Maharishi Vedic Pandits.
- The Maharishi Channel at http://wwwMaharishichannel.in . Watch the Rudra Abhishek Yagya from the Brahmasthan of India every day at 6:30 am, 9:30 am, 12:30 pm, and 3:30 pm Indian Standard Time, on channel 2.
- Vedapathashala, Kedgaone, Pune, Maharashtra
- Yogiraj Veda Vijnan Veda Patha Shala, Maharashtra
- Summer Sangha - Pt. Vivekashastra Godbole on Vedas and Seasons (Ritu) Video (1 hr 31 minutes lecture) among many videos at Ved
- Shree Kallaji Vedic Vishvavidyalaya, Kalyanlok, Nimbahera. Distt. Chittorgarh, Rajasthan, University Documentary
- TV9 Gujarat - Glimpse of Vedic Patshala of ancient India,Amreli.
- Kalady: The Triumph of Faith Over Time, birthplace of Shankaracharya (1:32 hr). See also 33rd Jagadguru of Sringeri, Sri Sacchidananda Shivabhinava Narasimha Bharati Mahaswamiji who established Shankara Jayanti at K alady. (Presentation in Sanskrit by Jagadguru Bharathi Theertha.)
- http://www.jagadgurus.org/ Explore biographies, audio and video clips.
- vidya bharathi saanga veda patashala, Vidya Bharathi Saanga Paripalana Sabha, Melmangalam, Theni District, Tamil Nadu, http://vedasurabhi.org
- Greatness of the Vedic Knowledge, Perfect Science, Parts
- Rudram Abhishekam, Art of Living Foundation with Sri Sri Ravishankar, record crowd, 1 hour 6 minutes. See also Maha Shivratri Rudra Puja by Sri Sri Ravi Shankar March 2nd 2011 3 4 2011, Surya Vyapini, and other extraordinary programs conducted by The Art of Living Foundation participants.
- Videos of Veda Chanting lessons. "Through the kind facilitation of the South-East Region, a Veda Teacher who taught Veda Chanting in Bhagawan's schools, Damarik Sai, is coming to Trinidad early in February and March to teach Vedas to all interested. There will be 45 sessions each lasting 45 minutes over the two month period. Centre Chairman requested to spread this information to all devotees."
- Veda Pathasala And Greatness Of Vedas, presentation of scholars in Telugu
4. See other informative videos on Sanatana Dharma in the video playlist sanatanadharma123.
- Attend to
tutorial of Rudram chanting with text at Sri Sathya Sai Books and Publications Trust.
- Great Lecture on Vedas, Veda Sammelan 2012, Sringeri Vidya Bharati Foundation (SVBF), Stroudsburg, PA. Lecture with recitation demonstration. See video gallery of SVBF.
- OM Charitable Trust in Chennai
holds competition for chanting between Vedic Pathashalas students to promote
learning. See some videos KalaKendraChannel, namely Vedic Quiz,
Vedic Parayanam and Telent Show,
Inter-Patashala Vedic Competition,
Pada Pooja amidst Vedic chanting, Vedas and Shastras, Sanskrit Drama & Guest Lecture et cetera almost all more than an hour long each.
- Time Wellness has released both their video DVDs of The Complete Vedas - Part 1 and Part 2 about four hours each. It does not have the recitation of complete Vedas.
Times Wellness video channel has provided many
videos related to Yoga, Mudras, Anti-Aging Yoga, Workouts et cetera.
गीताभाष्य शांकरभाष्य - gItAbhAShya shA.nkarabhAShya (Chapters 2 and 12) (Links 1, 2 for complete text. Also seeShankara's complete works on-line
IIT Kanpur in encoded format and scanned volumes at archive.org and
some works with translation,
Unicode at http://advaitasharada.sringeri.net)
गीताभाष्य अध्याय ३ - gItAbhAShya adhyAya 3
गिताअन्वयसन्धिविग्रह - gitAanvayasandhivigraha
गीताष्टोत्तरशतनामावली - gItAShTottarashatanAmAvalI (chitrApura stutimanjari)
गीताष्टोत्तरशतनामावली - gItAShTottarashatanAmAvalI (Tejomayananda )
ITX | TXT- भगवद्गीता शब्दार्थ - bhagavadgItA shabdArtha word by word meaning (One column)( Critical Word index
ITX | TXT- भगवद्गीता शब्दार्थ २ - bhagavadgItA shabdArtha 2 word by word meaning (2 columns)( Critical Word index
ITX | TXT- भगवद्गीता शब्दार्थ ३ - bhagavadgItA shabdArtha 3 word by word meaning (3 columns)( Critical Word index
ITX | TXT- भगवद्गीता शब्द्रार्थ - bhagavadgItA shabdrArtha word meanings with Devanagari sequence (2 columns)( Critical Word index, Marathi)
Bhagavadgita - Song Celestial (Sir Edwin Arnold)
DOC |- MS Word gItA lessons ( International Gita Society)
Gita supersite with translations, audio, and commentaries by scholars. Check out the Unicode based Beta version of Gita supersite with nicer display.
Bhagvadgita Audio links (mostly downloadable MP3s or online) : vaishnava.cz,
all shlokas one by one in Gita supersite and its Beta version,
gitamrta.org, Swami Tapasyanada's
English translation read by Mike Scherer,
Coordinated audio and text mantraonline.com,
Various Gita Commentaries in downlodable PDF format.The commentaries include shA.nkarabhAShya, its vyAkhyA by Anandagiri,
rAmAnujabhAShya, ve.nkaTanAtha's tAtparyachandrikA, AnandatIrtha's mAdhvabhAShya,
jayatIrtha's prameyadIpikA, ve.nkaTanAtha's bramAnandagiryAkhyavyAkhyAna,
vallabhAchArya;s tattvadIpikA, puruShottamajI's amR^itataraN~giNI, and nIlaka.nTha's
bhAratabhAvadIpaH. It is a treasure for a serious student of Bhagvadgita. Download
only the chapter you are going to study to save on bandwidth. A list of other commentaries with links is available on the Hindu dharma forum.
Critical editions of Gita, Belvalkar Gita, and
BORI Belvalkar DJVU,
BORI Belvalkar PDF.
Comparison of variations from Belvalkar's with the text available in standard form is in highlighted differnces file.
http://www.geetarahasya.com/ hosts Bhagvadgita text and translation in various languages such as
Sanskrit, Assamee, Bangali, Hindi, Gujarati, Kannada, Malyalam, Marathi, Oriya,
Punjabi, Tamil, Telugu, Urdu,
Chinese, Persian, Norweigan, Dutch, German, Russian,
Nepali, French. Additional sections include Books on Gita, related articles,audio section et cetera.
Bhagavadgita As_It_Is by Swami Prabhupada, Original authorized Macmillan edition 1972. Explore other books at http://prabhupadabooks.com.
Htm - Gita Shloka Utility (Ajaya Durg)
गीतार्थसंग्रहः - gItArthasa.ngrahaH of Sri yAmunAchArya
The "Links" Page has sites with bhagavadgItA documents/scanned books and blogs.