Welcome to the Marathi school site prepared for teachers and students .(originally meant for students in Phoenix, Arizona and metro region
Objectives and Motivation
mulA.nsAThI marAThI nATak
Marathi sopyA goShTI
- goShTa : chatur chimaNI 1 | 2
- chitrakathA : mAkaDe ANi TopIvAlA 1 |
- chitrakathA : lobhI kutrA
- chitrakathA : jhopALA gelA uDUn
- kavitA : AI malA ChoTIshI bandUka
- chitrakathA : guhA bolate 1 |
- kavitA : nasatI uThAThev
- goShTa : ashI asAvI maitrI 1 | 2 |
- kavitA : yA bALAnno : bhA rA tAmbe
- nATikA : shUr shivabA 1 |
- bodhapar : nishchayAche baLa : ma gAndhI 1 |
- bodhapar : mulA.nnI pALAvayAche niyam : AiilA madat karA
- mAhitIpar : sumanachI diwALI 1 |
- nisargavarNan : sahal 1 |
- kavitA : chAlatA chAlatA kAya hote
These scanned pages are suitable to be viewed and read on computer monitor. If you prefer to print them from a browser, use page set-up "landscape" with minium margins for correct printout OR download/save and use your favorite image viewer which has better printing features. You can download and read all of them in one sitting for your entertainment, however, remember that they are meant to be read to children :-)
- nibandha : chAhUl
- goShTa : mu.ngyA.nchA vijay 1 |
- mAhitIvajA : asA paDato pAUs
- goShTa : chatUr birabal : AndhaLe ANi DoLas
- goShTa : chatUr birabal : bU.Ndase gaI - lokha.nDa ANi paris |
contd and khichaDI pakAtA hu.N 1 |
3 - jhADAne sAksha dilI 1 |
- goShTa : khare bolaNArA chor 1 |
- mulAkhat : chandrachUD 1 |
- chitra rasagrahaN
- Nibandha : abhyAsa Ek Chanda : pU la 1 |
- kavitA : kashAle kAya mhanU nAhI : bahiNbAI
- bodhapar : vichArAnchA mahimA : sAne gurujI
- goShTa : chitrAtalA mor : mahAdevshAstrI joshI 1 |
- chitra rasagrahaN : chitrA.nchI paribhAShA 1 |
- varNanAtmak lalit : damaDI : kusumAvatI deshapaNDe 1 |
- bodhapar : vichAradhan
Writing practice (right click save target as on your computer and then print)
Acknowledgement for Reading-Writing part: sachitra bAlamitra, Ms. Tara Chaudhari, Central Prakashan.
DOC - Word document
JPG - Jpeg image
MP3 - Mp3 audio format
PDF - Portable Document Format (Acrobat Reader)
RM - Real audio format (Real Audio player)
TXT - Scanned or encoded text
WAV - WAV or WMA audio format
Devanagari alphabet learning
(recognition of letters, writing method, and sounds)
Marathi learning links:
- http://www.sudhanwa.com/marathi/marathi.htm Animated Devanagari writing including bArAkhaDI.
- http://www.avashy.com/hindiscripttutor.htm. Animated Devanagari writing and audio.
- http://members.tripod.com/sarasvati/devanagari/alphabets.html (allow pop-ups.) Animated Devanagari writing.
- http://sanskritdocuments.org/marathi/alphabet.html list and audio.
- http://acharya.iitm.ac.in/lang_scripts/animations/intro.php, well developed animaltion based Devanagari characters and information. Audio clips are included.
- all Devanagari letters in one page with static direction for writing.
- Script writing in Wikipedia.com.
- http://www.bookofindia.com/ letters, conjunts, and audio for bArAkhaDI.
- Find an interesting bArAkhaDI watch
at http://www.inditoy.com/barakhadi/watch/ for help in writing all the
letters with mAtrA/vowel-modifier along with audio for letters and sample word.
The dial on the watch changes the mAtrA. The color coded pronunciation help is grouped by letters. (The site is developed at present for Marathi
and Hindi learning with products available on on-line paid subscription for use
or purchase. Yogini Dahiwadkar and Madhavi Sabnis, IndiToy Inc., Columbia, MD, US.)
- Learning for kid project at http://www.sudhanwa.com/marathi/e-learning.htm initiated by Sudhanwa Joglekar and Umesh Jere. The site gives animated writing of Devanagari vowels, consonants with bArAkhaDI, and numbers. It has been linked from the all-encompassing school4all.org project site under Marathi akShar oLakh.
- The Jawarlal Nehru University, Sanskrit department has a set of learning tools and scripts that allows audio of alphabets and derived Hindi words with pictures.
Marathi Learning CDs, Video, Cassetes
- Why learn Marathi?, a motivational article by Kamatkar family at marathimitra.com.
- marathimitra.com/, perhaps main resource for Marathi learning on the web. The transliteration is little unusual for some letters tv for ta, dv for d.
- Maay-Marathi learning resources, requires naidunia fonts.
- Marathi rhymes with some audio.
- Learn Marathi at punediary.com. English-Marathi words, Common phrases.
- Learn Marathi Quick Guide, a Maharashtra tourism site. Has articles, images, screen savers, video, and wallpapers among other information.
- Marathi grammar, a reference by Professor Damle. Resource Center For Indian Language Technology Solution (CCFILT, IIT Mumbai). Requires to download DVTTYogesh font and select VIew/Encoding/User Defined in IE.
- Also, at CFILT, see Marathi shAbdabandha, a searchable Marathi - English dictionary, more than a conventional Marathi dictionary. It gives different relations between synsets or synonym sets which represent unique concepts.
- The Aryabhusan school Marathi-English online dictionary, originally (1911) written by Shridhar Ganesh Vaze.
- Marathi English Primer, excellent preparatory book by Ganesh Hari Bhide, 1901 edition at archive.org.
- mAhArAShTra bhASheche vyAkaraNa by Dadoba Pandurang, 1850 edition.
Marathi Shala Efforts:
- www.matrubhasha.com, "hasat kheLat maraaThii," also CDs for learning Marathi, Hindi, and Gujarati. Contact developer : Kelkars at email@example.com
- My Marathi, posted at http://www.mymarathilearning.com/,
is an interactive CD-based Marathi learning tool. It is a non-profit project. Contact developer : Hemangi Joshi-Deodhar HemangiJD[[@]gmail.com The 2-CD set contains four major modules: CULTURE, GRAMMAR, VOCABULARY, CONVERSATIONS. The site also promotes a thought provoking topic Ideas on how to bring Marathi culture home.
- Toronto, Canada, Marathi Bhashik Mandal.
- Marathi schools in New Jersey, US, Edison, Morganville, South Brunswick, Randolph, HTCS Balaji Temple in Bridgewater.
- Anandmela, Marathi Association Sydney, Australia.
- Marathi Shala video on vidoemo.com.