A Compilation of Links for Sanskrit Songs
Send additions or missing links to firstname.lastname@example.org
For a compilation of links for Sanskrit video and audio clips for learning Sanskrit visit sanskrit media page.
- Sanskrit songs
- Gitabharati, a collection of Sanskrit songs (lyrics only), some composed by Yajushi. See also wordpress, homepage. The songs include
- bhUmiriyaM balidAnasya (Ao bachchoM tumheM dikhAe.N...)
- jAgR^ihi tvaM bhAratIya!
- namo namo.amba devavANi!
- saMskR^ita GaXal
- jIvanasya lakShyameva
- jaya bhAratajanani
- pashya pashya re AkAshe
- oto oto
- saMskR^itena pAThanaM
- bhAratabhUShA saMskR^itabhAShA
- kuru samarpaNam
- himagireH shR^i~Ngam
- kuruta vIrAH
- smara chiraM he bhAratIya
- jaya jaya he bhagavati surabhArati
- bhArataM puNyAspadaM bhoH!
- lasati bhAratI bhArate sadA
- idaM sundaram mandiram shAradAyAm mumbApurIm vishvavidyAlayaM, Group Song of Mumbai University (Vishwavidyalaya Geet) By Student of Departmena of Music. The poem is written by Late Vasant Bapat, and music by Shri Prabhakar Pandit. The files are available at the Mumbai University website University Song, specifically text-PDF.
- A sanskrit music album and website of new sanskrit songs with
Padmashree Mohanlal's sanskrit introduction is available at http://amaravaani.org. The songs are
presented with introduction and text with word by word meanings both
in Sanskrit and English. Many musians, singers, recording studio artists, and composers have been
involved with this project which is likely to be a start of more eventful
activities. The songs are
- pāṭhayema saṃskṛtam / पाठयेम संस्कृतम्
- saṃskṛtā surabhāratī / संस्कृता सुरभारती
- sāyāhnāmbaram / सायाह्नाम्बरम्
- mama mātā / मम माता
- smara ciraṃ he bhāratīya ! / स्मर चिरं हे भारतीय !
- paśyatu vimale / पश्यतु विमले
- visvabhāṣā saṃskṛtam / विश्वभाषा संस्कृतम्
- Vivekananda Kendra padAvalI, Audio files of
- Chal Chal Purato
- Bhuvan Mandale
- Manasa Satatam
- Murta Maheswara
- Vishva Vandito
- Shakti Sambhritam
- Shoora Vayam
- Sarasa Subodha
Also listen to audio clips of lectures on Ramayana in Marathi by Niveditadidi
, 7-days series.
Sanskrit Gitani, audio clips at http://www.speaksanskrit.org/audio/giitaani/. (by Puttur Narasimha Nayak)
- vanitalamPunaravatIrNaa (2.1M)
- ehiRe samarpaNena (2.3M)
- kRutvA-navadRuDhasankalpaM (2.1M)
- kriyaaSiddhiH (2.2M)
- manasA-satataM (2.8M)
- paThata-samskritam (2.0M)
- rachayemaSamskRutabhavanam (2.7M)
- surasasubodha (3.0M) high res (6.0 M)
- vismRutabhedAH (2.1M)
- putrI mama lullaby (1M)
Sanskrit Geet posted at uttaradimath.org (Lyrics only)
- samskR^ite vadAmaH Let us speak in samskR^it!
- vidyApIThamidaM The Jayateertha Vidyapeetha geeti
- ide sumanovANIM vANI stuti:
- saMskR^itotsavaM 1 The samskR^it festival 1
- saMskR^itotsavaM 2 The samskR^it festival 2
- bhAvanA nadI The river of sentiments
- ehi vIra bAlaka Upadesha Advice
- jayatu saMskR^itaM Victory for saMkR^itaM.
- ucyatAM Speak samskR^it
Video of trisindhu tIre triloka janani jayati triguNeshvarI, dhanyA kanyAkumArI! Raag Pahadi(?).
The video displays Sanskrit (Devanagari/Roman) lyrics with translation .
(Video prepared and posted by Shashikant Joshi Practical Sanskrit, the author of Attitude Shift). Audio and lyrics on http://www.geetganga.org.
Video of song "atha svAgataM, Ananda ma.ngala ma.ngalaM, nita priyaM bhArataM" which was a welcome address of 1982 ASIAN Games
at New Delhi India. Pt Ravisankar was the Music Director, lyrics are by Late Pandit Narendra Sharma, Raag Kalavati : Music, Orchestration and Karaoke Lyrics video by Srinivasa Bharadwaj Kishore, and its sung version at India Association of Tallahassee's annual cultural program 2008,
dance by Brahma Kumaris, Mumbai 2010 with the original audio, same audio based dance dance, choreography by Kakoli Basu and performed in Tucson by Urvasi Dance Troupe.
Another svAgataM shubha svAgataM, kalA.nkure in art institute.
Swagatam sung by Hariharan, Commonwealth Game 2010, New Delhi.
bhAti me bhAratam by Dr. Ramakant Shukla at 15th world Sanskrit Conference, January 2012, New Delhi. The complete audio is available at Library of Congress and text at Digital Library of India, or download PDF, Video episodes Door Darshan.
vayaM atra sa.njAtaama sarve asmAkaM puNyam, dance performance with live melodious chorus. This is a part of Tharangini's mega-charity show in Hong Kong on May 24, 2008, Manjari - A Bouquet of Melodies. See multiple postings of Tharangini concert.
jayati jayati bhAratamAtA 1 B.Rajam Iyer, 2 Madhui,
3 Sudha Raghunathan.
Composer:Mayooram Vishwanaata Shaastri
Taalam:Rupakam. (Rajaji supported this for a National Anthem).
Sanskritbhashi at http://sanskritbhasi.blogspot.com by Jagadananda Jha, Lucknow, UP . The list includes
Sanskrit mAtR^ibhAShI sammelana, conference was held on May 27, 2012,
Uttarpradesh Sanskrit Sansthanam, Lakhnau.
There is a clip of "chira navInA sa.nskR^itA eShA," and another more musical mangalAcharaNam by Rekha Negi.
- surasasubodhA (naiva kliShTA)
- mR^idapi cha chandanamasmin
- rachayema sa.nskR^ita bhavanam
- avanitalaM punaravatIrNA syaat
- pAThayema sa.nskR^itaM jagati sarvamaanavaan
- chiranavinA sa.nskR^itA eShA gIrvANabhAShA
- sa.nskR^itasya sevanaM sa.nskR^itAta jIvanam
- vande bhAratamAtaraM vada
- dhyeyapathika sAdhaka
Audio clips of Sanskrit songs including patriotic songs.
Find a collection of rhymes in Sanskrit for children (bAlagIte) at http://www.sangatham.com, a devoted Tamil Website for Sanskrit.
Sri Aurobindo Ashram http://sriaurobindoashram.com (See The Ashram/Departments/Sanskrit department or go directly to Sanskrit collection.)
Samskrihta Geetaa, covers songs with well composed music of
- Songs and lessons for standard/grades 1, 2, 3, audio with lyrics. The categories include gItAni, bAlagItAni, shlokAH, etc.
Read and hear additional songs at Other songs and in surabhAratI section. The Video text and clips are available for a student friendly "New Method of Learning Sanskrit" in streaming/download videos in FLV formats. (updated Aug 10)
- asti mama snehamayI jananI
- akSharagAnam a suchayati cha agnim
- bhagavtyA vayamamarA bAlA
- eShA hi pAThashAlA
- mA kuru darpaM mA kuru garvam
- dhanyA vayaM sudhanyA shashvat
- vikasatu mAtR^ichetanA
- chala re bandho
- shuNDAt shu.N shu.N shabdaM kR^itvA mandaM mandaM chalati gajaH
- kAlidAso jane jane kaNThe kaNThe sa.nskR^itam
- chalAM sarve
- mAtarvayaM taveme bAlA
- jayatu jayatu jagati divya bharatamedinI
- chirasundara shrI aravinda jaya
- janmadinam Agatam punarAgatam
- bhagavan tvadIya-bhaktiM na kadApi vismareyam
- nagare nagare grAme grAme vilasatu sa.nskR^itavANI
- he jagadIsha kR^ipAmaya bandho
- namAmi mAtR^idevatAM anantarUpadhAriNIM
- aho dinamidaM paramasukhakaraM
- purataH pa.nkaja pashya tarati taDAge matsyaH
- vande tvAM bhUdevImAryamAtaram
- shrI aravindaprati namAmi tava charaNau praNamAmi
- sajjasusajjA bhavAm sarve taruNA vayaM suvIrAH
- mayUra nR^ityasi ramaNIyaM tava nR^ityaM lochana kamanIyam
- chala vIra udayonmukhasupathe
- priyaM madIyaM tvam supuShpa
- hasa hasa hasa he bAla subAla
- shubhaN janmadinam te Arya/Arye
- shUrA vayaM dhIrA vayaM vIrA vayaM sUtarAm
- Mangalam (14 MB)
- Introduction (30 MB)
- Balakah Nandita (43 MB)
- Sumatih Nandita (10 MB)
- Dhaturoopani (63 MB)
- Sabdaroopani Ekavachane (41 MB)
- Sandhi (53 MB)
- Sabdaroopani Bahuvachane (95 MB)
- Vividham (67 MB)
- Sabdaroopani Ekavachane (41 MB)
- maha rudra shakti
- chirana veena
- namo bhagavathi
- samskritha bhasha
- samskritha sainyam
- Samskrithasya sevanam
- Shooraa Vayam
Sanskrit GeetaRamayanam, originally composed in Marathi by G. D. Madgulkar. Translated in samavritta in Sanskrit by Prof. S. B. Datar. Original Marathi Lyrics
text and audio clips are at following sites. Since the lyrics have metrical composition, these can be directly sung with same tune.
A Sanskrit Geetramayana is composed by Swami Rambhadracharya among many others of his original long compositions. Click Gitaramayanam PDF for a copy. There are in all 1008 songs spread in all seven kANDas, marked with gIta numbers (sa.nkhyA). It is a unique modern composition by a unique person such as Swamiji. See a google newsgroup posting by Nityananda Misra on Swamiji's Sanskrit holi songs and tips for the tunes.
Healing Sanskrit song, Zen master Thich Nhat Hanh and Plum Village sangha sing the beautiful Sanskrit song during the Mindfulness Retreat 2010 Hong Kong.
Shreyaha Param Avaapsyatha Sanskrit Drama, an
excellent drama performed by Students of P.S.B.B. T, Nagar - Awarded 1st prize. C.P. Ramaswamy Aiyar Foundation Inter School Sanskrit Drama Competition Nov 13th 2010
Sanskrit Bharati Skit.
Sanskrit Drama Part 1, Part 2, Carnegie Mellon University.
Amrita Vidyalayam, Pune-Sanskrit Drama, Nigdi, Pune. Sanskrit Drama competition in January 2009, organized by Matrumandir Vishvasta Samstha, Nigdi, Pune.
Life Is Glorious, presentation of Sanskrit play, a talk by Chamu Krishna Shastry, Sanskrit Griham, interview of Padmashree Dr. John Marr.
Ramayan Song - Panchvati Manbha
Sanskrit Kriti maitrEm bhajata - rAgamAlika - Adi tAla, M. S. Subbalakshmi. Composed by V. Raghavan.
maitrIM bhajata akhilajjetrim
Atmavaiva parAnapi pashyata
yuddhaM tyajata spardhA tyajata
tyajata pareshva kramakramaNam
jananI pR^ithvI kAma duHkhaste
janako devAH sakala dayAlam
dhamyatha datta dayadhva janta
shreyo bhUyAM sakala janAnAm
Cultivate friendship which will conquer all hearts;
Look upon others as thyself;
Renounce war; forswear competition;
Give up aggression on others which is wrong;
Wide Mother Earth, our Mother is. Here ready to fulfill all our desires;
We have the ever compassionate Lord our Father to Bless us too;
Ye Peoples of the World; Restrain yourselves, Give and be Kind;
May all people be happy and porsperous (Shreedharen Ramasamy)
Sanskrit Birthday Song , janmadina gIta, This song is a composition of Swami Tejomayananda, Worldwide Head, Chinmaya Mission.
janmadinamidam ayi priya sakhe | shaM tanotu te sarvadA mudam || 1||
prArthayAmahe bhava shatAyuShI | IshvaraH sadA tvAM cha rakShatu || 2||
puNyakarmaNA kIrtimarjaya | jIvanaM tava bhavatu sArthakam || 3||
O Dear friend! May this birthday bring auspiciousness and joy to you forever.
Indeed, we all pray for your long life. May the Lord always protect you.
By noble deeds, may you attain fame and may your life be fulfiled.
Watch the same song Janma Dinamidam sung by children in Chinmaya Mission Youth camp, 2010.